Time for a little diversion. We need to feed our bodies as well as our minds and souls. So, I am sharing my favorite homemade granola. It is good in a bowl with some almond milk, as a topping on yogurt, or just for snacking.
1 cup organic, rolled oats (certified gluten-free)
1/4 cup sliced, raw almonds
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
1/4 tsp. Ceylon (or Mexican) cinnamon
1 egg white
3 Tbsp. water
3 Tbsp. raw, organic honey
1 tsp. grapeseed oil
2 cups raw walnuts
1 cup raw pecans
1-2 handfuls of raisins
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine the oats, almonds, coconut sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Pulse until you have a rough chop. Do not pulse until you get a flour. Pour into an additional bowl and set aside.
- In the empty food processor, add the walnuts and pecans. Pulse to break nuts into pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg white until foamy (but not stiff). Add the water, honey, and oil; whisk to combine.
- Add the walnuts and pecans pieces to the bowl of liquid and completely cover the nuts. Use your hands.
- Add the oat mixture to the bowl with the nuts. Using your hands, cover the nuts with the oat mixture. You will have more mixture than nuts.
- Spread the mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Watch carefully to prevent burning. After 7 minutes, gently stir the mixture.
- After removing from oven, add the raisins.
One thought on “NUTTY GRANOLA RECIPE”
Wow. I am on that, and love almond milk.
LikeLiked by 1 person